1 box Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix
1/3 cup (80ml) grapeseed or vegetable oil
1/3 cup (80ml) water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tub Vanilla Frosting
Natural blue food colouring
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C (160C Fan) and line a muffin pan with paper liners, or use a silicone muffin tray.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, water and vanilla in a large bowl and add the dry mix; whisk until combined.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Add the frosting to a large bowl and add drops of blue dye until desired colour is achieved.
- Frost the cupcakes with a frosting spatula or piping bag.
- Combine the cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of water in a small bowl; mix until combined.
- Take a kitchen brush or small paint brush and dip it in the cocoa mixture. Flick the mixture on to the cupcakes to create specks.
- Repeat until all cupcakes are decorated.
Tip: Cover the area around the cupcakes before adding specks so you don't get the mixture all over the kitchen!