1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
1/2 cup (120g) melted ghee, coconut or grapeseed oil
1 x 8oz. (226g) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg, separated, at room temperature
1/4 cup (60ml) milk (or non-dairy alternative)
2 tsp. gelatin
1/8 cup (30ml) raw honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Dash of sea salt
1 bag frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed
- In a bowl, mix melted ghee/oil and baking mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Using a 1 tsp. ice cream scoop, drop by spoonfuls into a mini muffin pan lined paper cups and press dough down and up the sides of the cups.
- Bake 10-12 min at 350F / 180C (160C Fan).
- Remove from oven and use the back of the scoop to press dough back down (it will have risen in the middle).
- Put egg yolks and milk in a sauce pan over medium heat, whisk lightly, and sprinkle with gelatin.
- Whisk mixture while warming until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, honey and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Slowly pour warm egg and milk mixture into cream cheese and beat until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Beat egg whites with a dash of salt until stiff, fold into cream cheese mixture and spoon into individual crusts.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Top each bite with a cherry before serving.