1 pack Simple Mills Artisan Bread 1 egg
¼ cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Garlic Herb Butter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
1.5 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped 150 g grated parmesan cheese (or your cheese of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C (160C Fan) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or use a silicone sheet.
- In a large bowl add the egg, apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and whisk until combined. Add the artisan bread mix and Italian seasoning and mix until thoroughly combined and dough of ball is formed.
- Divide the ball of dough in half and then split in to six pieces and roll the pieces of dough in to a ball.
- Oil your hands and roll out the dough in to 5-6 inch long cords and try to make the middle part thicker and the ends thinner.
- Grab both sides of the dough and cross them and then fold one piece under and the other over to create a knot. If any part of the knot starts to break just use your fingers to press the dough back together.
- Place the knot on the baking sheet and repeat until all of the dough is knotted and then brush them all with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until knots are slightly browned. Baking time may vary by appliance.
- While the knots are baking heat a small saucepan to medium heat and add the butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil and parsley and bring to a light simmer for about 5 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Add about half the garlic butter mixture to a large bowl with the cheese and add the hot garlic knots and toss until they are thoroughly coated.
- Serve immediately and brush with more garlic butter if desired.