1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Muffin / Cake Mix
1/2 cup (120ml) melted coconut oil or butter
Pinch of pink sea salt
1/2 cup (120ml) maple syrup
1/3 cup (65g) coconut sugar
3 tbsp full fat coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
2 tbsp dark choc chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (120g) sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C (160C Fan). Line a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- For the crust: place all ingredients for crust in a mixing bowl and blend until well combined. Press crust evenly into baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven for 20 min so crust can bake.
- For the filling: place maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut milk, oil or butter and chocolate chips in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, stirring continuously. When butter (or oil) is melted, remove from heat and add vanilla and sunflower seeds.
- Pour hot filling over crust and return to preheated oven. Bake 15 min. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- Before cutting into squares, place pan in the fridge for 1 hour so the filling can set.
- After you cut them, place leftovers in a tupperware container to keep in the freezer. More delicious when frozen!
Makes 6-8 medium bars*