1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Muffin and Cake Mix
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup (120ml) water
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp ground espresso or instant coffee
For the icing:
1 cup (150g) cashews, soaked in water for an hour
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup or honey
Sprinkles for the topping
- Preheat your oven to 350F / 180C (160C Fan) and grease a doughnut pan.
- Add Simple Mills Chocolate Muffin and Cake mix to a large bowl.
- Add in eggs, water, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until well-combined.
- Add in espresso or instant coffee and combine well.
- Using a spoon or piping bag, add batter to donut pan, filling ¾ full in each round.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Baking times may vary by appliance.
- While doughnuts are baking, prepare the icing. Add all four icing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and texture resembles icing.
- When doughnuts are finished baking, remove from the oven and let cool for ten minutes.
- Use a butter knife to spread icing on top of each donut. Top each with sprinkles and enjoy!