- 1 box of Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons grapeseed or coconut oil (see note if using coconut oil)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120ml) good quality champagne
- ¼ cup (25g) coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C (160C Fan). Line 10 cups of a cupcake pan with cupcake papers and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs briefly, then stir in the oil and vanilla, then the champagne. Mix just until combined after each addition. Do not overmix.
- Next, add the coconut sugar and cake mix and stir vigorously until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion the cupcakes into the compartments of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting and/or serving (with a few flutes of Champagne to have your own Simple Celebration, of course!)
- If you’re using coconut oil, ensure it is melted and slightly cooled before stirring in to the egg mixture (hot coconut oil will cook the eggs!).
- The easiest way to make frosting for these is to whip coconut cream with organic powdered sugar or finely granulated stevia and a dash of vanilla extract until light and fluffy.