Ingredients for the crust
1 large egg white
4 Tablespoons melted grass-fed butter or coconut oil, cooled
2 Tablespoons water
1 box Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix
Ingredients for the filling
4 large eggs
½ cup (115 grams) cooked and drained spinach (you can use fresh or frozen and defrosted)
2 Tablespoons finely crumbled feta cheese
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1/3 teaspoon black pepper
1. Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C (160C Fan). Liberally spray or grease a 12-compartment cupcake pan (or mini flan cases) and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white, cooled butter, and water. Add the Simple Mills mix and whisk until evenly combined. Divide the dough into 12 portions, about 2 Tablespoons each. Roll each out into a tight ball, then flatten it into a disk. Place it at the base of one compartment of your prepared cupcake pan and use your fingertips to press it into the base and up the sides of each compartment, like a tiny pie crust. Repeat with the remaining dough until the entire cupcake pan is filled.
3. Bake for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool while you make the filling.
4. To make the filling, whisk the eggs, then stir in the spinach, feta, garlic powder, rosemary and pepper.
5. Once the pre-baked crusts have cooled, fill each one with the egg mixture until just the top of the crusts is visible. Do not fill past the top of the crust or else the egg mixture will spill over and make it very difficult to remove each mini quiche from the pan.
6. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until egg filling has risen and the edges of the crust turn slightly golden.
7. Cool in the pan until you can safely touch the quiches, then remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
1. If you’d like to make this dairy free, replace the feta cheese with two additional beaten eggs and a generous pinch of salt.
2. If you have trouble getting the little quiches out of the pan, try running a knife around the edges to loosen them. Then, they should pop right out.