Prep time 10 mins - Cooking time 20 mins - Total time 30 mins
• ½ cup (25g) shredded carrots
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• ½ cup (100g) frozen pineapple pieces
• 1 cup (200g) of Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix
• 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
• 4 tsp coconut oil
• 2 eggs
• 1 tbsp spice mix (a combination of dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves)
• ¼ cup (40g) chopped pecans
• ¼ cup (60g) coconut butter (for a glaze, if you wish) *optional
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350º / 180F (160F Fan) to roast your sliced carrots. Toss them in a tbsp of coconut oil and place them on a baking sheet alongside your frozen pineapple.
2. Put the baking sheet into the oven for about 10-15 minutes, until carrots crisp up a bit.
3. Next, follow the instructions on the back of your Simple Mills baking mix box in order to make 8 pancakes. This requires the ingredients listed above.
4. Once eggs, milk, oil and mix are incorporated as instructed on the box directions, mix with a tablespoon of spice mix.
5. Spoon two tablespoons worth of the mix onto a greased skillet/pan, we use about ½ a tsps. of coconut oil at medium high heat.
6. Drop a tablespoon worth of the shredded roasted carrots into the center of each pancake. Flip when the edges of each cake start to bubble/slightly brown. Save 2-3 tbsp worth of the carrots for topping at the end.
7. Layer your cakes high, top with leftover carrots, followed by your pecans.
8. Drizzle with coconut butter for a creamy glaze.