- 1 box Simple Mills pizza dough mix
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can diced San Marzano tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C (160 Fan).
- Mince the garlic cloves while the olive oil heats up in a skillet on medium high, and once the oil is hot, add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes. (Make sure they don’t burn!)
- Add 1.5 cups of the diced tomatoes to the skillet, stir, and leave on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper, and stir every minute or so.
- Follow the box instructions and make the pizza dough. Shape the dough on a pizza stone or baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake the pizza dough without any toppings for 5 minutes. While it’s baking, slice the mozzarella into thin discs and julienne the basil
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven. Spread the tomato sauce over the dough, and add the mozzarella discs. Bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.
- When it’s done, sprinkle the julienned basil on top and serve with some red wine!