1 box Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
1 cup (50g) carrots, peeled and shredded
1/3 cup (65g) raisins
1/3 cup (50g) finely chopped walnuts
3 large eggs, beaten
¼ cup (60ml) oil
½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 450F/230C (210C Fan). Line a 12-compartment cupcake/muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mix, cinnamon and ginger. Add the carrots, raisins and walnuts and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla and water.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Divide the batter among the compartments of the prepared cupcake pan.
- Put the cupcakes into the oven and immediately turn the heat down to 350F/180C (160C Fan). Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Finish with your favorite frosting, or skip the frosting and serve them as muffins.