- 1 box Simple Mills pancake and waffle mix
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 -2 Tablespoons (to taste) occonut sugar, or granulated sweetener of choice
- ¾ cup (150g) dried cherries, roughly chopped if very large
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (120g) butter, vegan butter or coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (see note)
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C (180C Fan). Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a nonstick pad and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the pancake and waffle mix, baking soda, sweetener and dried cherries. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients (eggs, butter, apple cider vinegar, and extract).
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until well combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion the dough into 10 balls of dough and place them in two evenly spaced rows on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden. Transfer to a rack to cool slightly before serving, or cool completely before storing
- Dried cherries can be really expensive, so feel free to substitute dried cranberries, dates (chopped) or another dried fruit instead.
- If almond is not your thing, you can replace the almond extract with vanilla extract, which will be much more subtle and mostly serve to enhance the other flavors.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Note that the texture is best on the first day.