1 box Simple Mills bread mix
2 Tablespoons coconut sugar (or similar granulated sweetener)
¼ cup (28g) coconut flour
¾ cup (150g) raisins
½ cup (120ml) unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice (see notes)
1 teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Line an oven safe 6” pan or baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk and lemon juice and set aside for a few minutes to curdle slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (bread mix, sweetener, flour and raisins).
- Add the remaining wet ingredients (eggs and oil) to the almond milk and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine. The dough will be slightly sticky, so let it sit for 2-3 minutes, which will allow the coconut flour to absorb any excess moisture in the dough.
- Gather the dough into a ball and transfer to the prepared pan or baking dish. Use a very sharp knife to score a shallow “x” into the top of the loaf.
7. Put the bread into the oven, and immediately turn the heat down to 350. Bake for 45 minutes, until a tester comes out clean, then – optionally – broil 2 minutes until the top is golden brown.
For the milk ingredient, we make this recipe with unsweetened almond milk, but soy, rice, and cow’s milk will also work.