Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 1 quiche or about 6 to 8 slices
For the Crust:
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp water
1 box Simple Mills Pizza Dough Almond Flour Mix
For the Quiche Filling:
1 tsp organic butter
4 breakfast sausages (Gluten Free)
1 small onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup (75g) sliced mushrooms
2 handfuls of spinach
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
3/4 cup (180ml) unsweetened almond milk
Fresh herbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C (160C Fan).
- Prepare crust according to instructions on the package. Evenly press the pizza dough into a lightly greased pie dish. Set aside.
- In a medium pan and on medium heat, cook the sausages with one teaspoon of butter for about 10 minutes and take off the heat. Transfer to a small plate to cool. Cut the sausages in small pieces and set aside.
- In the same pan, add diced onion and bell pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and toss to wilt.
- Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir to distribute.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and almond milk. Then add cooked sausage and vegetable mixture. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the quiche mixture into the prepared pie dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until the centre is cooked through.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing. If desired, garnish with fresh herbs such as basil, parsley or coriander.
Note: For a care-free morning, make this quiche 1-2 nights before and store covered in the fridge. Reheat before eating.