1. 1 1/4 cup (127g) Simple Mills Pumpkin Muffin Mix (approx.. ½ box)
2. 3 eggs
3. 1/4 cup (30g) arrowroot powder
4. 1/2 tsp. cream tartar
5. 3 TBSP oil (grapeseed or olive oil work best)
6. 3 TBSP water
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Heat skillet or griddle over medium-low heat and grease with oil of your choice. Test surface by splashing skillet/griddle with a few drops of water – should sizzle when ready for cooking.
3. Drop small sized rounds onto cooking surface with a mixing spoon.
4. Let cook approx. 2-3 minutes, turn over and cook 2-3 additional minutes – making sure to turn before pancakes become too brown.
Salted Maple Caramel Sauce
1. 1/2 (120ml) cup pure maple syrup
2. 4 1/2 TBSP unsweetened kefir
3. Large pinch of sea salt
1. In a sauce pan, bring maple syrup to a boil over med to med/low heat.
2. Stir often and continue to boil for 12 minutes. The syrup should coat the back of the spoon.
3. Mix in kefir and sea salt and cook for another 2-5 minutes. Note that sauce will thicken upon cooling.
4. Top Simple Mills pumpkin pancakes with chopped pecans and a generous drizzle of Salted Maple Caramel Sauce.
Other tasty additions include chopped walnuts, organic raisins, dried cranberries or gluten free chocolate chips.