Crust (with egg):
1 Box Simple Mills Chocolate Chip Cookie mix
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
1 Box Simple Mills Chocolate Chip Cookie mix 1/3 cup (80ml) melted ghee, coconut or grapeseed oil
1 tbsp gluten-free vanilla
2.5 cups (375g) raw cashews
1/3 cup (80ml) coconut oil, melted
½ cup (120ml) maple syrup
1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
½ cup (120ml) coconut or almond milk
¼ teaspoon (75g) Himalayan sea salt
7 ounces dark chocolate, melted
2-3 tablespoons crushed peppermint
- Place raw cashews in a large bowl and pour hot water over the cashews (enough so all cashews are submerged) and let soak for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C (160C Fan), grease the bottom of a spring form pan, line with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg (depending on crust recipe using), vanilla and melted butter/oil in a large bowl; add the cookie mix to the wet ingredients; stir until combined.
- Press cookie dough evenly on the bottom of the spring form pan, bake for 12 minutes and then set aside to let cool while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Strain cashews and place them in a blender with the coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, lemon juice, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, milk and sea salt; blend on high until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake filling in to the spring form pan and then place in the freezer for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over hot water and let it cool to room temperature, pour evenly over the cheesecake and place back in the freezer.
- Let cheesecake sit out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving and top with crushed peppermint if desired.