1 pack 123 Gluten Free Poundcake Mix
2 2/3 cup (330g) sugar
3 Tbsp. Poppy seeds
1 ½ cups (360g) unsalted butter, unsalted margarine, softened or shortening
5 large eggs, room temperature
¾ cup (180ml) orange juice
2 Tbsp. lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 325F / 160C (140 Fan). Generously spray 12-cup bundt pan with non-stick spray.
2. Put butter/margarine/shortening and sugar into bowl of mixer with paddle attachment. Cream butter.
3. In a separate bowl, pour the cake mix. Add the poppy seeds and mix together.
4. Add approximately one cup of dry Cake Mix/poppy seeds to mixer. Blend. Add eggs. Blend. Add remainder of dry Cake Mix, lemon extract and orange juice. Mix well until batter is thoroughly blended. Using spatula, scrape down bowl and then mix again.
5. Pour batter into pre-greased baking pan.
6. Bake for 1–1¼ hours, until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Baking times may vary with different appliances.
7. Cool cake for 10 minutes in pan. Then, invert cake onto serving platter and cool completely.
8. Dust with icing sugar. Cut and serve.