1 pack of 1-2-3 Gluten Free Corn Bread Mix, prepared according to the pack instructions and allowed to cool (can be made ahead).
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1½ cups (225grams) chopped onions
1 cup (175grams) chopped red/yellow/orange bell peppers
1 cup (225grams) chopped celery
1 cup (50 grams) shredded carrots
2 tsp. sage
1½ tsp. thyme
¾ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 cup (240ml) low salt gluten-free chicken broth or vegetable broth.
2 large eggs, beaten
1. In large skillet/pan, over medium heat, melt butter and add onions, peppers and celery. Sauté until vegetables are softened.
2. Cut cornbread into cubes. Place cubed cornbread into large bowl. Add sautéed vegetables, carrots, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Gently toss together. Add eggs and gently toss together.
3. Generously grease baking dish. Put mixture into baking dish. (Up to this point, the stuffing can be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen and then defrosted).
4. Pour chicken broth over stuffing.
5. Preheat oven to 350F / 180C (160C Fan). Cover stuffing with foil. Bake for one hour. Uncover dish and bake for additional 15 minutes, until top is crispy and golden brown.