- 1 package of 1-2-3 Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (240g) unsalted butter, unsalted margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup (80g) toffee bits (optional)
- 3/4 cup (110g) nuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup (80g) Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 2/3 cup (165g) smooth peanut butter (do not use natural, no sugar added peanut butter)
Preheat oven to 350F/180C (160C Fan). Spray 9” x 13” pan with non-stick spray.
Pour Brownie mix into bowl of mixer with paddle attachment. Add eggs and butter/margarine. Mix well. Add any optional ingredients and stir by hand.
Pour 2/3rds of the Brownie mixture into the prepared pan. Scoop peanut butter over the brownie mixture in mounds arranged in threes (three per row across the width of the pan). Be sure to leave some space in between the mounds. Pour remaining brownie mixture on top.
Using the handle of a wooden spoon or a chopstick, run the handle/chopstick back and forth through the mounds, running the length of the pan, marbleizing the mix.
Gently shake the pan back and forth to level the batter.
Bake the brownies on the centre rack of the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out nearly clean, or with some moist crumbs, about 50-60 minutes. Baking times will vary with different appliances.
Allow brownies to cool in the pan (about 1 hour) before cutting with a knife.