- I package 1-2-3 Gluten Free Pan Bar Mix
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (75g) finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 Tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 Tsp. allspice
- 3/4 cup (50g) raisins (optional)
- Cream Cheese Icing
- One 20 oz can crushed pineapple (no added sugar), well drained
- One 10 oz pack of pecan pieces, lightly toasted (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F/180C (160C Fan). Generously spray two 9” round pans with non-stick spray.
Mix first four ingredients together in a mixer or by hand. Add spices and mix. Add raisins (if desired) and stir by hand. Pour mixture into the greased pans and evenly spread.
Bake for 30-33 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Baking times may vary with different appliances.
Leave the cakes in the pans for 3-5 minutes. Then remove from the pans and cool completely. Place bottom layer on a serving plate. Frost top of bottom layer of the cake with cream cheese icing. Spread the drained pineapple on top of the cream cheese icing. Place top layer on top of the bottom layer. Completely frost the cake. Gently press pecan pieces onto icing on sides of the cake. Cut and serve.