- 1 package of 1-2-3- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup (135g) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter / unsalted margarine / shortening, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) of buttermilk
Preheat oven to 350F/180C (160C Fan). Generously grease 9” x 13” rectangular cake pan or two 9” round pans or line cup cake pans with 24 cupcake wrappers.
Place butter/margarine in bowl of mixer with paddle attachment. Beat until creamy, approximately two minutes. Add sugars to butter and beat until fluffy, approximately three minutes. Add eggs one at a time, and beat until thoroughly mixed.
Add mix and 1 ½ cups of buttermilk and beat until thoroughly mixed. Stop mixer and scrape down with a spatula. Beat again. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan(s). Bake until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, approximately 13-16 minutes for cupcakes, 27-33 minutes for 9”x13” pan and 17-22 minutes for two 9” round cake pans. Baking times may vary by appliance.
Let cake(s) cool in the pan(s) for 5 minutes. Then invert onto cooling racks and cool completely before frosting.