1 pack 1.2.3 Gluten Free Brownie Mix
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup (240g) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
100 grams chocolate chunks
1 Jar (260g) Salted Caramel Sauce, or you can make you own see below notes.
Preheat oven to 350F / 180C (160C Fan), line or spray a 9” x 13”pan with non-stick spray.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine brownie mix, including chocolate chunks, eggs and butter/margarine. Mix well. Pour the batter into the lined/greased pan and bake for 22 to 28 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out nearly clean. Baking time may vary by appliance. Cool brownies completely.
Allow the brownie to cool and place on your cake base, then cover with the salted caramel sauce.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 75g best quality unsalted butter
- 50 g soft light brown sugar
- 50 g caster Sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 125ml double cream
- half to one-and-a-half teaspoons fleur de sel *
* Start off with half a teaspoon and add more to the finished sauce as needed
- Melt butter, sugars and syrup and butter in a small heavy based pan and let simmer for 3 minutes, swirling every now and again.
- Add cream and half a teaspoon of fleur de sel salt (not table salt!) and swirl again, give a stir with a wooden spoon and taste to see if you want more salt (be cautious, you don’t want to burn your tongue) before letting it cook for another minute or until it forms a thick sauce. Then pour into a jug and leave it to cool, before using as a topping for your Brownie.